Friday, October 31, 2008

Checkride Scheduled

November 15th - mark it down. I really was hoping to get it over with next week, but the examiner isn't available and then I'm going to be in Oregon for five days. The good thing is that I'll have more time to prepare by reading some books, going through the handbook for the 150, and making sure I've crossed all the t's. The bad thing is due to the time change this weekend (i.e. no more after-work flights) and the travel, I won't be flying with much regularity. I'm taking half-days of vacation the next two Fridays so I can go up to stay fresh before the big day.

I should have posted this a long time ago...

So what's the official plan? I'm going to fly over to Dayton Wright-Brothers to meet the examiner, since he has an office there. The oral should last about 2 1/2 hours and then we'll follow that with about 1 1/2 in the air. He told me to plan a XC to North Central West Virginia Airport (CKB) in Clarksburg, WV. Apparently they wanted to try and use every cardinal direction in naming the place. On a checkride you usually only fly the very beginning of the route and then the examiner starts having you demonstrate other maneuvers. The whole exercise is more to evaluate your planning and decision-making. Anyway, if all goes as planned the FAA will allow me to carry passengers in just over two weeks!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the check ride! Happy Halloween as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that airport name is great.

    Good luck Steve! I know you'll do great, your studying and hard work will pay off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone - lookin forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve! Thanks for commenting on my blog! Sorry I usually don't comment but I do look over all your are doing. Good luck with your checkride! You will do amazing! Happy Flying

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Steve! I've been following your blog for some time now and its really amazing to see things coming to a close. I'm sure you're ready!

    God Bless and let us know when you get that PP-ASEL :)

    ReplyDelete